Introductions
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/6/2017 at 5:29:03 PM GMT
Introductions
Hi Everyone, I'd love to create this area for everyone in the group to introduce themselves and say a little about you and your studies/career and perhaps what you'd like to get out of this group!

7/11/2017 at 4:15:17 PM GMT
My name is Alex! I am 25, and live in Arizona. I have a boyfriend of almost 2.5 years and we have a beautiful one year old daughter. I do online schooling through a great community college that allows me to still be home with my family and learn. My degree will be in paralegal studies, and it is great because I work in a law firm (family owned) focusing on medical malpractice defense where I am in training to be a paralegal while schooling. I am interested in accounting just so I am able to have more skills as I finish my degree and go on to work for a firm that is not family. I am thinking of taking an accounting class just to see what I can get out of it. Tips on juggling life, babies, moving soon and trying to expand my education with accounting would be great!!

7/11/2017 at 4:55:37 PM GMT
Thanks for sharing Alex! Congrats on all of the wonderful things going on in your life. I can speak to the juggling babies, moving and career though - the key is balance. Your life will not always be 100% balanced so don't try to make it so; there will be times where you need to focus on school more or work more, but other times will need more focus at home and with babies. Babies can be challenging because of the sleep part - once they are sleeping and doing more for themselves, I promise it gets a little easier. I guess if I had to boil it down to 1 thing though, try to keep certain times for certain things - for example, an important part of my day is dinner at home at least 4 times a week, at the table, no distractions. No TV, no working while everyone else is eating. It is a great time to catch up on family stuff and take a big deep breath. That is what gives me the strength to challenge myself in my career and in exercising. And with moving - get rid of as much junk as possible (I highly recommend the book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Marie Kondo; not that you have time to read a book right now;). Thanks again for getting the ball rolling with intros!

7/25/2017 at 11:57:41 PM GMT
Hello, my name is Katie Pursel. I currently live in Tampa, Florida working as a Cashier at Publix and I am 18 years old. I used to want to be a Physical Therapist, but after taking a few business classes through out my high school experience, I realized that business was my true passion. I have a goal to eventually own my own business one day and, since I am really good at Accounting, I found it interesting when I took an Accounting class, and it is a big portion of knowledge required to own your own business, I thought it would be a good major for me. In addition, it also offers job security and would help me pay for my own business one day. I am excited to meet other Accounting majors within this group as well as possibly using each other to answer any question(s) I or others may have on assignments related to Accounting as I have heard these classes can be rigorous.

9/24/2018 at 6:39:38 AM GMT
Joined the Accounting group
Hi Everyone, I am new to this group and like to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Christine Flood. i live in East Alton, IL. I will be attending Southern illinois University - campus location is in Edwardsville, IL and will be majoring in Accounting next year in the Spring of 2019. I really look forward to this degree and look forward to hearing back from anyone on here to give me any comments, concerns, ideas and feedback on this degree to better prepare myself. Thanks and look forward to meeting a lot of new people on here.

Last edited Monday, September 24, 2018